
Mt St Michael’s College is in the tradition of the Sisters of Charity. The school started in 1925, and was called Grantuly, until the change of name in 1941. They chose the patron of the school to be St Michael the archangel, because he was the leader of the ‘Triumphant Armies of Heaven’ and patron of the sick and infirm. Grantuly is now the name of the administration and reception.
The Sophia Centre was opened in 1997, Killindarbin block was opened in 1998, with Home Economic rooms, the kitchen, dining room and textile room. Grantuly was renovated in 1999, and the Miryam Centre was built in 2000. The Learning Enrichment Centre was moved in 2006, and on the 16th of March 2011, the new Ionian centre science laboratories were opened.
No comments:
Post a Comment